In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a member of the Product Development team in the Connected Sensing Venture. The Connected Sensing Venture is designed to serve and enable our HealthTech customers and Philips businesses to capture the emerging value in the increasingly digital, connected world of wearable monitoring.
You are responsible for
- Applying state of the art techniques to develop embedded firmware for very low-power, battery powered systems consisting of a mixture of analog, digital and RFcircuitry in highly integrated, low power sensor/RF embedded designs
- Develop and implement software designs and/or algorithms
- Create software documentation, including product and software requirements, software designs, test plans and test reports
- Plan and execute software verification activities including specification reviews, design reviews, code reviews, unit (white box) tests, function (black box) tests, integration tests, ad hoc debugging and HW/SW interface debugging.
- Write requirements, specifications, verification and validation plans reports and summaries of development projects and tasks
- Maintain software engineering procedures and environment as required. Activities include work instruction preparation, software tools qualification and validation, and configuration of development environment.
- Actively participate on cross-functional and cross-organizational project teams through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative, best-in-class designs
You are a part of
A start-up style venture inside of Philips. Our team is passionate about solving healthcare’s biggest challenges and working collaboratively with internal and internal partners to make this a reality.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS degree in software engineering, computer science or related field
- 5+ years engineering / R&D experience in a rigorous quality-focused environment
- Medical, or other regulated industry, device development experience
- Extensive experience developing firmware for portable, low-power products in embedded systems
- Extensive experience with C/C++ programming languages
- Superior debugging and/or troubleshooting skills
- Experience with wireless communication solutions such as Bluetooth LE, NFC, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Proven ability to work independently given high-level direction
- Proven ability to produce high quality design outputs in a timely manner
- Excellent requirements, specification, test plan/report writing skills
- Knowledge of product development methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of verification and validation testing methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desired skills and experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience with python, java or other programming languages
- Experience with real-time operating systems, e.g. FreeRTOS
- Experience with test automation tools, e.g. VectorCAST
- Solid understanding of US and international regulatory requirements for medical devices
- Developing software to meet IEC 62304
In return, we offer you
The chance to collaborate across HealthTech to re-imagine, develop and deliver connected sensing solutions for our professional customers. Join a innovative team that is pushing the boundaries of healthcare by leveraging wearable monitoring.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.