The HP Inc. Firmware engineer position is based in Vancouver, WA or Boise, ID working on Ink and LaserJet Devices in the Firmware team. The FW engineer will work on developing solutions focused on developing embedded firmware solutions in security, wireless or supplies. This engineer will have some understanding of network protocols and enterprise networking solutions. This engineer will possess understanding of software security. This engineer will possess the skills to troubleshoot and triage firmware issues within Linux framework. Understanding of source code management tools, firmware development environments and wireless SW triage tools are desired. Skills in developing and understanding scripting languages such as python are a plus.
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of firmware and embedded code.
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on firmware design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Linux based development, using C, C++
- Experience or understanding of firmware design tools and languages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of firmware and hardware design principles.
- Understanding of the qualification process and different levels of quality.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.