Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
You will be joining a group of other highly talented, collaborative firmware engineers responsible for delivering innovative solutions for leading Oral Health care devices affecting millions of consumers.
The firmware team is part of the larger Embedded Systems team that consists of Hardware engineers, Software engineers (app development) and Embedded Test Engineers that work closely with other cross-functional teams to develop products from concept to mass-manufacture.
At Philips Oral Healthcare, we are committed to helping each employee reach his or her own personal goals for development through mentoring/coaching programs, trainings, stretch assignments etc.
You are responsible for
As an Embedded Systems Engineer for high-volume consumer medical devices, you should be capable of architecting, designing, documenting, and implementing high quality embedded firmware/software/electronics on multiple platforms across multiple product ranges.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or MSdegree in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronic or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in a similar discipline.
- Experience with firmware design and development of a product or significant product subsystem through product release using best practice development processes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with bare metal programming of 8/32 bit micro-controllers.
- Excellent C/C++ design and coding skills.
- Hands-on experience with new hardware bring up and ability to ramp up quickly on complex and unfamiliar code across various technology areas.
- Ability to develop, define, document and refine requirements, design documentation and conduct cross-functional design reviews.Ability to debug complex issues spanning hardware/firmware/software, using tools such as oscilloscopes, function generators, IDE’s and emulators for identifying root cause and evaluating possible solutions.
- Experience with various interfaces including SPI, I2C, UART etc.
- Understanding of board and system-level technologies and the ability to read, interpret and review analog and digitalcircuit schematics in order to develop requirements for low level drivers and hardware specific features.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with engineers with varying levels of experience, capable of being supportive and receptive to input from others.
- Experience in wireless technologies such as BLE, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, etc is beneficial.
- Architectural experience for platform creation is a plus.
- Strong communication skills; ability to articulate ideas, problems and solutions across cross-functional disciplines.
- Experience within a regulated environment (e.g. FDA, FAA) is preferred.
- Enthusiastic, motivated to solve complex issues, in the face of ambiguity.