5 - 7 years experience • Engineering Services
Job description and Overview
This position is for a Firmware / Software development engineer based in Santa Ana, CA. The primary function is developing firmware intensive sensor products with a focus on high accuracy, wired and wireless technologies and low power operation. Sensor products will span a wide range of physical measurement technologies including conductivity, pH, gases, vibration, position, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and bridge based sensing elements. Connectivity to industry standard protocols including various Ethernet protocols, established wireless protocols and other recognized standards including Modbus, MQTT, and OPC - UA.
The successful candidate will be willing to assume project development responsibility and work as part of a team involving productmarketing, sales, manufacturing and engineering to develop a family of sensor devices. The candidate will work to ensures that the team achieves the company strategic plan’s goals (Hoshin Kanri) and objectives related to cost, quality and on-time delivery of existing and new products and promote a culture of continuous improvement and accountability in a fast-paced, growth environment.
Scope of Position:
Develop products with rich firmware capabilities to as part of a growing family of plug and play, highly connected sensor devices.
Develop firmware and software to support range of sensor technologieswith innovative connectivity and plug and play solutions.
- Work with hardware engineers to validate sensor measurement techniques and accuracy.
- Work withmarketing and manufacturing to establish product specifications, test procedures and manufacturing test / processes that will allow high volume production of sensor devices.
- Develop MVP product concept demonstrations are part of Agile development process.
- Assist in preparation of compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing measurement data and trends.
- Effectively communicate key product capabilities and participates in preparation of user support documentation.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging sensor technologies, engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Participate and lead Agile development groups.
- Participate in domestic and international qualification of wireless products through certification & registration processes such as FCC, UL, ETSI and otherproduct level qualification processes.
- Ability to clearly communicate in both written and spoken English.
Responsibility and Authority:
- Employee Relations: Must facilitate positive working relationships among subordinates, peers, and superiors.
- Employee Mentoring: Ability to share development efforts among team members and convey design concepts and techniques.
- Materials or Products: Responsible for care of a broad variety of materials and experimental products.
- Equipment: Responsible for care of standard office equipment and a variety of specialized production and test equipment.
- Business Contacts: Contacts with persons inside or outside the company where matters discussed require resourcefulness, tact, and a working knowledge of policies, practices, and procedures.
- Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- B.S. Degree in Software, Firmware or ElectricalEngineering is required.
- Strong working knowledge in software and firmwareengineering and related activities.
- Minimum of five years in Research and Development Engineering in measurement and process control instrumentation or related field.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical and electricalengineering theory.
- Familiar withISO9001 requirements for Design Stages of Products.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Type: Full-time
- MSP430: 1year
- Process Control Instrumentation (sensors) industry: 1year
- c++ programming: 1year
- agile environment: 1year
- sensors in automotive or medical: 1year
- owning project from start to finish: 1year
- electrical field (hardware) then has moved into programming: 1year
- multithreaded applications (ex: RTOS): 1year