5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
We are seeking an insightful, talented, dedicated Firmware and Software Engineer to contribute to our fast paced and dynamic R&D environment within Thorlabs’ Laser Division.
The successful candidate will be primarily developing code that runs with high reliability on challenging real-time environments. The candidate is also expected to develop basic software and user interfaces as well as SDKs. Successful candidate will be working across almost all of our key product lines in this mission critical position.
- M Eng Sc or BS with minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Proficient in C/C++
- Proficient in the design of Real Time firmware algorithms.
- Proficient in using electronic measuring test tools, designing methods for testing "real time" performance of firmware timings.
- Direct experience writing microcontroller firmware, particularly for STM32 and Cortex ARM devices.
- Exposure to Revision control software like Git or Subversion.
Candidate with the following experience is desired (but not absolutely required)
- Python / .NET / Java
- I2C, SPI, RS-232, MDIO
- Direct experience and ability to read schematics and control of hardware.
- PID control implementation in Firmware.
- Experience with single board computers (e.g. Beaglebone, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Galileo)
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.