Req. ID: 117001
As a Firmware Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will develop high-performance controller firmware for innovative volatile and non-volatile memory systems. In this position, you will assist in evaluating, designing, building, bench testing, debugging, and failure analyzing firmware for new high-performance memory controllers and Solid State Drives that will increase performance, while reducing power, latency and SoC (System on Chip) complexity for the target markets. You can expect to work closely with system test engineers, system failure analysis engineers, firmware engineers, firmware test engineers, system hardware design engineers, product engineers, memory design engineers, firmware tools developers, and production engineers to solve cross-functional product development issues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate as a team member and work effectively inside and outside of the team.
- Demonstrate proficiency in coding skills, verification/validation, simulation, failure analysis, ASIC/FPGA/System bring-up, and the use of tools that support these activities.
- Validate customer requirements and perform failure analysis on FW related issues.
- Develop structured source code targeting the embedded environment associated with state of the art memory.
- Perform design verification using a variety of verification methods, including simulation and product testing.
- Focus on firmware quality in the system and the target application. Participate in SCRUM/Agile processes and distributed code reviews.
- Analyze equipment or software; you will demonstrate the effective analysis of functional or performance issues with thefirmwareand hardware in test environments or target host systems.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- 5+ years of Solid State Drive Back End firmware development experience in NAND sequencer, NAND media error handling, NAND media scan, power throttling, power loss recovery or QoS/performance optimization
- Experienced in complex SSD firmware development for multi-core SoC controller
- Strong working knowledge of firmware development, verification, system failure analysis, embedded systems design and real time embedded systems,
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Strong working knowledge of software engineering principles and designing and developing firmware using assembly and C/C++ programming.
- Strong debugging skills in an embedded firmware application including:
- Using development tools and IDE's such as Slick Edit, SourcePoint and Realview.
- Problem re-creation and trapping
- Logging and diagnostics
- Experience with digital hardware design and test equipment such as In-Circuit Emulators (ICE) and logic/bus analyzers
- Strong working knowledge analyzing complex firmware and hardware issues.
- Strong knowledge working identifying and optimizing performance of critical algorithms.
- Working knowledge of ARM Microprocessors, with experience on ARM Cortex.
- Knowledge of the Agile software development process life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of structured firmware development process and lifecycle.
- Strong skills in communicating complex technical ideas/concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively (written and verbal) across multiple locations and teams.
- Experiencewith NVMe and PCIe are a plus
BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Milpitas || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || SSD Engineering || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-DG1 ||
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Firmware, Engineer, Electrical, Embedded, Product Development, Technology, Engineering, Research