At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment.
Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
Mattel, San Francisco is looking for a Firmware Engineer to help us develop the foundation of a variety of products that are part of Mattel’s Connected Product vision. It is an opportunity to work with the latest connected devices and hardware as well as with a sophisticated platform that will process large amounts of data per second.
In this role you’ll be a key member of our firmware team working on both OS based hardware platforms and non-OS based hardware platforms. You’ll take high level direction from the Firmware Team Lead, on designing then coding firmware and firmware SDKs for use in Mattel Connected Product lines.
Technical skills/experience needed:
- Embedded system development
- Embedded Linux
- Embedded RTOS (FreeOS, TI-RTOS, etc)
- Familiarity with encryption techniques (AES, DHEC, SSL, Public/Private Keys, JWT, Signatures)
- C / C++ programming
- Low level Linux driver development
- Python programming
- Mobile app development
- ARM development
- Familiar with WiFi and Bluetooth
- Familiar with various sensors (accelerometers, gyro-meters, air quality, temperature, humidity, ambient light, etc)
Experience, Education & Skills
- Minimum 5 years embedded development experience
- C / C++ programming experience
- BLE experience
- WiFi experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science in EE, Computer Science or related discipline
Nice to have:
MSEE or MS Computer Science
Chinese Language Skills
Requisition Number 180595