Our team at Wally Labs in Seattle, WA is looking for a Sr. Firmware Engineer to contribute to an industry-leading IoT ecosystem that includes our Wally Hub, Sensor, Shutoff Valve, and more.
Your responsibilities will include developing systems/networking applications in C and C++, in a Linux environment, targeting embedded Linux on an ARM Cortex-A7 platform managing ZWave, Zigbee, WiFi and Bluetooth radios. This connected device is a bridge for various wireless sensors in the home and communicates with our cloud infrastructure via the Internet. Additional responsibilities may also include developing low-level microcontroller applications in C that run battery-powered ZWave, Zigbee, and Bluetooth-based sensors.
- Develop firmware for an IoT Hub/Sensors in C and C++ on Linux
- Implement hardware device control, API enhancements, and/or network communication features for the Hub applications
- Collaborate with hardware design and systems engineers to define functionality, designarchitecture, and test requirements
- Contribute to and benefit from our world-class build system and continuous integration services
- Participate in Agile/Scrum iterative design and development process
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or computer engineering, or computer science (or equivalent) with 5+ years of experience.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and any scriptinglanguage, preferably Python
- Expertise with using Linux in an embedded environment
- Implementation of multi-threaded embedded architectures
- Implementation of network communications architectures
- Exposure to Linux device driver debugging and development
- Prior experience with ARM based SoCs
- Prior experience with low-power MSP/PIC-style micro-controllers.
Req/Job ID: 928260BR