Generac Power Systems – Generac’s products are in use round the world 24/7 and are recognized as one of the top brands in power generation.Generac fosters a passion for engineering coupled with a fast paced development environment that allows room for career growth. We recognize that our products are only as good as our people, and as such we are seeking talented individuals to fill these positions. Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Firmware Engineer II!
The Engineer II will be involved in all aspects of new product designs. This will include not just an understanding of firmware, but also of the physics behind the designs themselves. The firmware engineer will be specifically involved in the design and development of new control algorithm’s, and system testing both in lab and on real products. This is an opportunity to use or extend your firmware knowledge into tangible systems.
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, service and processes.
- Assist in creating software specifications.
- Designs new software modules and develops supporting documentation.
- Designs new control algorithms and performs Applications Engineering.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates test specifications for new systems.
- Maintains existing software documentation.
- Conducts FMEA/DFMEA and design reviews
- Creates project documentation, test procedures, manuals, etc.
- Aides in costing and project planning.
- Collaborates with internal product partners, designers and product specialists to optimize more complex specifications for integration.
- Participates in formal design reviews.
- Creates PC based testing tools (in software).
- Tests new hardware designs via custom software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs).
- Develops less experienced engineers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline to include software and electronics;
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience;
- 2 years of experience in embedded firmware design using the “C” language
- Experience with Object Oriented languages: C, C++, C#, lava
- Experience in new product design and development
- Automotive experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences;
- Able to solve moderate to complex engineering problems;
- Strong decision-making skills;
- Able to solve moderately complex engineering problems;
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Moderate knowledge of hardware;
- Real time firmwareexperience using microcontrollers and possibly RTOS;
- Knowledge of microprocessor hardware interfacing techniques, such as IIC, SPIbus, EEprom, Flash, RS232/485, analog interfaces, etc.
- Knowledge of control systems using PID loops;
- Use and understanding of interrupt structures;
- Experience using debugging tools such as ICE.