You are a highly-motivated engineer with experience in delivering high-quality software solutions. You have a strong interest inEmbedded Software Engineering and have a passion to solve challenging problems and requirements through innovative product development resulting in products that delight our customers. You have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of software development and are committed to continuous improvement and learning. You have great communication skills and are motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You areenergetic and driven - looking for growth and daily interaction with the best engineers in the industry, designing and developing world-class instruments for calibration in the disciplines where we have strong market presence and leadership: Electrical DC/LF, RF/Microwave, Temperature, Humidity, Pressure, and Flow.
- Designs, develops, tests, documents, builds/installs, debugs, and performs analysis on software applications
- Assignments include development of new programs and applications, including New Product Design as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software within assigned products/systems.
- Participates in agile software best practices and development methodologies
- Supports the creation of and executes against project plans.
- Balances a mentality of strong documentarian nature with execution and results
- Team collaboration - works closely with other Software engineers to develop robust code. Partners closely with Electrical / hardware engineers to ensure solutions work as expected on target platforms.
- Collaborates closely with leadership and project management teams to make proper trade-offs for functionality, time, risk, and impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years’ experience in software development.
- Expert in C++, with C++ Containers and Design Patterns experience.
- Demonstrable experience with Linux application development (applications targeted to embedded multi-core Arm platform).
- Proficient in Object Oriented Design.
- A plus, though not required, is experience with GUI development using Qt and familiarity with Calibration, Metrology and Test and Measurement Instrumentation.