As a Firmware Engineer at Oculus, you will help us build next generation headset and input. You will directly own design, implementation, and testing of a virtual reality system across the lifecycle from initial conception to mass production. You will join a small cross-functional organization of people passionate about driving the future of VR.
- Ownership of system design and firmware on hardware projects through integration, test and manufacturing.
- Collaborating with electrical and mechanical engineers on the hardware design and implementation process.
- Experimenting with and implementing interfaces to various sensors.
- Devising and implementing low-latency systems.
- Working alongside software and computer vision teams to create novel sensing systems.
- Writing programs and scripts as necessary to test embedded systems.
- Collaborating with manufacturing teams to produce new hardware.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience with developing consumer electronics.
- Proven experience to drive a subsystem or product to completion.
- Experience in the design and implementation of subsystem tests.
- Experience with debugging tools such as bus analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of peripheral buses like I2C, SPI, and UART.
- Experience with C and scriptinglanguages.
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M Microcontrollers
- Familiarity with IMUs and sensor fusion
- Experience with BLE and other low-power wireless protocols