We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Linked In and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting and opportunistic industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities, as a result, we have exciting opportunities for a Firmware Engineer to join our Digital Media team in Rockleigh, NJ 07647.
We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional Firmware Engineer to support the Firmware Department. In this role, you will responsible for the firmware development of new DM products in a firm that cultivates a close-knit and collaborative corporate culture.
We will look for you to showcase your expertise in embedded system's firmwaredesign, development, and support for our next generation video distribution systems.
- As a member of the firmware development team, your daily activities will include the full life-cycle of design, develop, modify, test, debug, and support the new as well as the existing firmware for all our Digital Media products.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering OR Computer Engineering is required
- A minimum 3 years of C/C++, embedded programming skills and familiarity with hardware is required
- A minimum 7 years of proven experience developing and debugging applications in an embedded system is required
- Experience with RTOS and Low Level Device driverexperience is required
- Strong debugging skills, and experience with complete product life cycle is required
The following additional skills are a plus
- Experience with communication networks and protocols
- Experience with analog and digital video
- Experience with debugging tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills detail and be able to work in a team
- Must be persistent, possess strong problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Must have the ability to work in a fast moving environment