Responsible for the firmware development of Coherent's next generation products while contributing to the existing product lines.
- Software/firmware development programming for laser controllers and measurement embedded devices.
- Perform calculation and analysis to verify the designs.
- Develop test plans and direct testing activities to validate board designs.
- Participate actively during new board bring-up and debug phase.
- Provide schedule and cost estimates for project tasks.
- Work with engineering team members to optimize operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Participate in technical reviews.
- Develop functional and verification tests to validate and assess quality of designs.
- Provide support and FW updates for legacy products.
- Work closely with HW and SW engineers to validate and debug designs.
- Work well as team member and independently.
- Provide regular task status updates.
- 8+ years firmware development experience (C/C++) with embedded microcontroller-based systems. (STM32, MSP430, NXP IMX6, NVIDIA TEGRA, PIC)
- Experience in real-time embedded monitoring and control applications with a wide variety of mixed-signal analog and digital I/O types. Experience with laser related systems is a plus.
- Experienced in signal processing, data acquisition and logging, precision timing, system control, interrupt-handling, and debugging.
- Good understanding of Metrology theory and implementation.
- Able to read schematics, utilize test equipment such as meters, signal generators, oscilloscopes and capable of troubleshooting circuits to the signal level.
- Experience with communication protocols (i.e.: I2C, SPI, UART, PCI/PCIe, USB, TCP/IP, EtherCAT)
- Experience with development toolchains: IAR, Platform Builder, Yocto, Visual Studio, GIT, Subversion
- Intermediate level Verilog coding knowledge for FPGA designs is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate professionally with co-workers and customers
- Good organizational, planning, presentation, troubleshooting, and multi-tasking skills
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Bonus skills: C#, Python programming
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelors degree in EE, or CS. degree (MSEE a plus)