Innovation is in HP’s DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world’s leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services, and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
Some of the qualities you would bring to the role are:
- Curiosity. You are a continuous learner who looks for way to improves operations from multiple angles.
- Grit. Inconvenient setbacks do not impact your cadence or your results.
- Attention to Detail. You are committed to documentation, including flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Persuasive Communication. You can communicate a narrative with data to leadership and make recommendations to improve processes and systems.
HP is seeking an experienced firmware development engineer to join its LaserJet printer R&D team in beautiful Boise, Idaho! As a firmware engineer in Boise, you’ll join a high energy development team creating innovative solutions that are disrupting the print and copier markets. HP, a worldwide leader in computing and print technology, is a fortune 50 company with sites around the world. In addition to working with some of the most talented engineers in the industry, HP provides a wealth of benefits and opportunities.
- Provides technical leadership to a project team of firmware engineers to develop innovative, reliable, cost effective and high-quality firmware solutions.
- Works closely with management to provide status of team projects / deliverables.
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including application and driver level code.
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with local and worldwide development partners on firmware design and development.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically, 6 - 10 years’ experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Proven technical leadership skills.
- Advanced expertise of firmware development languages such as C/C++ and C#
- Understanding of firmware development tools and infrastructure, including source control (GIT, Subversion, etc.), Application lifecycle management (Jira, TFS, etc.) and code integration in an enterprise development environment.
- Understanding of firmware and hardware design principles.
- Understanding of testing, coding, and debugging procedures.