Not Specified years
Posted 265 days ago
As a Firmware Development Engineer, you will join a team of professionals in developing software and real-time firmware solutions for state-of-art System-on-Chip (SoC) devices with embedded MIPS processors. Reporting to the Manager of Firmware Development, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
* Participate as a member of the team in the technical analysis and integration of storage software involving SATA/SAS/RAID controller technologies
* Program MIPS processors using C and assembly language to implement core software/firmware components
* Work directly with customers in the development of their software solutions using Microsemi devices and software/firmware components
* Work in collaboration with other Microsemi sites to design solutions and resolve customer issues
* Participate in detailed design and code reviews of implementations by team
* Sustain current product and guide next generation product to production.
* Troubleshoot and resolve complex software problems in embedded real-time systems.
* Analyze software performance (cycle counts, cache utilization, etc.) of firmware.
* Write comprehensive engineering documentation.
* Present technical information to small teams of engineers and technical marketing personnel.
* BSEE or BS Computer Science/Math with emphasis in embedded processing.
* Software/firmware system development in real-time embedded systems, or demonstrated comparable experience/coursework.
* Demonstrated ability to conceive, design, implement and document a software/firmware solution.
* Capable of working with customers and technology partners in architecture development.
* Proficient programmer in C or C++. Proficiency in MIPS assembly for embedded devices is a plus.
* Knowledgeable in use of tool chains and debug tools.
* Effective communicator of technical ideas using verbal as well as written skills
* Works well in a small team.
* Willingness to set and meet deadlines.
* Highly motivated, sets personal goals, and achieves goals without supervision.