Palo Alto, CA
11 - 15 years
Posted 263 days ago
Job Title: Firewall Program Manager
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Duration: Full Time
Only USC or GC
- BS degree?Experience may substitute for education
- 15years; minimum of 5years in Healthcare environment;
- understanding of PMI Methodology.
- Works independently, without supervision
- REQUIRED: PCNSE
- PREFERRED: In addition to above: CISSP and or CCNA-Security
- Core understanding of industry regulations as it applies to encryption, encapsulation, and segregation for protected data.
- Mentor Junior staff of the Firewall Program
- Perform Skills Gap analysis on team with respect to security foundations and firewall best practices
- Create training suggestions for team to limit the skills gap
- Lead, design, and implement the firewall engineer program which consists of Communication, Technology, Training, Labs, Process/Workflow to enable a high level of security, visibility, and reliability to downstream organizational units.
- Acts as liaison between business units and NetworkInfrastructure
- Facilitates presentations and discussions with upper leadership
- Helps to improve and instill the discipline and process to drive consistency, predictability, and efficiency for the Firewall Program Framework
- Ensure all program artifacts (Process/Procedures, Design Docs, Test Plans, Training Roadmap, etc.) are completed and approved in a timely fashion, and are saved in the program?s central repository.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of firewall related projects.
Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Ability to lead and represent engineering architectural discussions
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Leadership role on the security Incident Response Team for breach investigation
- Provides reporting and monitoring as directed for various threat vectors in the network
Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Ability to conduct proof of concepts
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
Expert understanding and application of IP networks and Application layer security
- Manage the overall communications, upward and downward through the organizations, escalating key issues and present options for resolution to the global and cross functional teams.
- Designs and implements solutions to improve existing processes and tools
- Promotes best practices and trains others on existing and new processes and tools across teams and department