Participate as a highly skilled member on a team of Firewall and Network Security Engineers, providing technical leadership and mentoring for the designing, planning, testing and implementation phases of information security projects, as assigned by management. Take a leadership role in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, testing and documenting information security systems, specifically firewalls and network security software in a laboratory environment. Lead efforts related to the successful implementation and integration of firewall and network security technology systems into production while following BB&T standards and procedures. Effectively manage relationships with key support partners, line of business representatives and vendors. Lead implementation of information security technologies for complex medium-to-large scale enterprise projects. Lead development of innovative improvements.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Lead efforts related to designing, planning, enhancing and testing firewall, network security and other information security technologies used throughout the enterprise, including base-lining current systems, trend analysis and capacity planning, as required, for future systems requirements.
2. Lead technical assessment, research and testing of new technologies, as requested, using information security design, automation, and scripting best practices and procedures.
3. Analyze information to determine, recommend and plan the use of new information security technologies, or modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for proposed project or work load, efficient operation and effective use of allotted resources.
4. Lead the implementation of new information security technologies or integration of existing technologies, including initial configuration, installation, change management and operational handoff.
5. Responsible for Tier III technical support of information security technologies, providing expert problem analysis and resolution in a timely manner.
6. Participate in all areas of information security technology management, systems development, systems implementation and systems support, as assigned.
7. Support training of less experienced personnel.
8. Provide 24x7 on-call availability for supported information security technology infrastructure.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Ten years of experience in Information Security with 3 to 5 years of experience working with firewall technology; must have hands-on experience configuring and implementing firewalls. Should have some experience with Checkpoint firewalls; experience with Juniper and Palo Alto is fine.
3. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is a plus
4. Extensive understanding of applied enterprise information security technologies including, but not limited to, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, network operating systems, identity management, database activity monitoring, encryption, content filtering and mainframe security
5. Thorough knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis and systems tuning; adept with network interfaces and technologies
6. Knowledge of one or more programming/script languages with proficiency in development of systems and process automation
7. Good verbal and written communication skills
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Knowledge of financial services industry and all applicable regulations and industry standards
2. Other security certifications (e.g. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security, GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Perimeter Protection Analyst (GPPA))
3. Other technical certifications (e.g. CCNA, Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE))