Ace Info Solutions, Inc. (AceInfo) is a leading Federal contractor with a focused vision: empower our clients, challenge our employees, and grow our business. Founded in December 2000, we are deeply committed to ensuring quality and customer satisfaction. We have a mature corporate infrastructure, strong management, and quality practices. AceInfo is a trusted IT partner to the Federal Government, and we help various agencies transform and strengthen their processes, operations, infrastructures, and security practices to help them further their critical missions.
For over 15years, we have successfully managed large and significant Federal programs. We have proven experience prioritizing client satisfaction, project quality, and providing innovative, cost-effective solutions to Federal clients.
AceInfo is prime on 95% of our contracts, is headquartered in Reston VA, and has geographically dispersed office locations throughout the country, to include: Kearneysville, WV; Chesapeake, VA; Fort Collins, CO; Boulder, CO; Quantico, VA; Kansas City, MO; Bowie, MD; multiple Washington, DC Metropolitan locations, and project presence in 23 states in all time zones. We offer excellent benefits and salary packages including free medical/dental/life insurance premiums for staff members. We offer relocation assistance for internal employees and external candidates, within 50 miles (minimum) of work location. We do not offer assistance for relocation and housing for internship positions.
AceInfo is currently seeking a Firewall/Network Engineer III to support our federal project in Kearneysville, WV.
This position will report directly to the Network as a Service (NaaS) Operations Project Manager. NaaS Ops is responsible for networking, monitoring as well as offering Performance Recording, Operational Troubleshooting, Evaluation & Consulting (PROTEC) assistant to the OSC business systems and other intenral entities by analyzing and improving system performance, stability and functionality and providing design consultation, performance base lining, troubleshooting, Load Testing and consulting services. The Engineer for this position provides administration for NAAS systems and assists the NaaS staff with thorough information gathering.
The NaaS team Network Engineer is expected to have a thorough understanding of the components that must be in place in order to host system applications to include Networking and the standard OSI model. This includes the system platform (hardware and OS), the user interfaces, and the structure and content of the databases. Knowledge will be gained from customer communication, close work with the system developers, DBAs, and SAs, as well as through the evaluation and testing of the respective system application, including a full regression test of the applications after transition to the target Data Center. This position is expected to be a subject matter expert on the applications and tools used to create reports and evaluate issues.
A prospective candidate for this position will have 15years of experience in technical, Information technologyengineering and architecture functions with a strong background in networkinfrastructure, Packet Capture analysis, Riverbed Suite of Products and familiarity in the design, planning and building of data centers. Be able to provide internal status reports, enforce quality control of project deliverables, and contributes to developing efficient processes and procedures for continuing improvement of the certification and accreditation process.
The ideal candidate is very detail oriented with strong technical knowledge, strong writing skills, and excellent customer relationship management skills. He or she will be responsible for supporting the planning, developing, finalizing, and reviewing of key deliverables in each stage of the certification and accreditation process. A familiarity with standards and requirements outlined by Department of Defense (DOD) Security Technical implementation Guidelines (STIG), NIST, FISMA, and others as required is also a plus.
- Use of data collection and analysis tools such as:
- HP Load Runner Scripting and execution
- Server logs and log analyzers
- Riverbed suite of products to conduct Packet Analysis/Captures
- Measurement and analysis of business system performance baselines.
- Analysis of business system design documentation and plans for potential performance improvements.
- Provide technical input for policies and procedures, maintain accurate documentation on those policies/procedures.
- Systems administration
- File servers, data collection servers, and monitoring systems & Appliances
- Installation assistance for NAAS software tools
- Adhere to Change/Configuration Management procedures and policies.
- Properly estimate work efforts and technical challenges (scoping projects).
- The ability to manage Troubleshooting, do Research and investigate problems and develop viable solutions; report recommendations clearly and effectively to the team and customer in writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CIS related field or equivalency of combined education & experience. Familiar with information security practices. Familiar with OSI data communications model.
- Security + required (or obtained within 3 months of hire)
- 15+ years of experiencerequired.
- Strong familiarity of River Bed products.
- Use of standard office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and effective in interfacing with internal and external customers fostering collaboration and establishing strong partnerships and relationships
- Experience in data center design, planning and consolidation of global sites a plus
- Good understanding of infrastructuretechnology such as server, storage, network and inter-relationship with data center architecture designs and services
- Excellent technical writing skills in the English language, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, set priorities, and give attention to detail and quality, flexible, strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task, ability to work individually and with a team, positive attitude, self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy, strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and ability to handle stress in professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge and strong experience with PowerShell scripting Knowledge of the .NET development framework Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Firm Knowledge of Riverbed and SteelCentral tools
- Knowledge of the Department of Homeland Security enterprise architecture including security policies, procedures, and guidance. Experience with NIST certification and accreditation processes.
- Familiarity with DOD STIG requirements
- Knowledge of NAAS design and general internetworking technologies.
- Knowledge of various operating systems and hardware.
- Basic programming and database training.
- Python and Perlscripting knowledge
- Windows and Linux system administration knowledge
- Experience with executing cyber vulnerability assessments
- Experience with managing security and technology controls; such as SANS, NIST, ISO, COBIT, DISA STIGs, DHS 4300A, and TASKORDS