$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Bowhead is seeking a Firewall Administrator (Network) to provide Design and Engineering Operation and Maintenance support for Firewall systems on the classified and unclassified Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDTE) networks at Dahlgren, VA. As the Firewall Administrator, you will use best practices and knowledge of current technologies and their potential application to the RDT and E Environment, and will assist in assessing the security risk of proposed Firewall modifications.
The Firewall Administrator's essential duties include:
• Responsible for installing software, applying patches, managing file systems, and monitoring performance of Firewall systems.
• Firewall Administrator will provide technical support and troubleshooting of managed systems and networks.
• Performs data backups and restoration of managed systems.
• Assist in the certification and accreditation process for managed systems and networks.
• Assist in the installation and deployment of new Firewall hardware and software.
• Review daily logs for managed systems and report on unusual activity.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) associated with managed systems and applications.
• Collaborate with IT staff on projects and initiatives.
• Provide input for a monthly progress and status report.
Requirements • Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college in a related discipline and prefer a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Position requires a strong understanding of Firewall functions and operations (proxy, proxy-arp, NAT, stateful packet inspection, circuit layer gateways, and application layer gateway).
• Ideal candidate will have experience with TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model and how they apply to production systems and networks.
• Requires shell scripting experience and basic knowledge of various types of Operating Systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux and Unix and their network inter-communications.
• Must currently hold a DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level II certifications.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Firewall engineering background with Cisco, Juniper or McAfee firewalls.
• Use of web application firewalls, SSL decryption, secure remote access, IDS/IPS technologies, High Availability / Redundancy configurations and network analysis tools.
• IPv6 network and application implementations.
• Familiarity with Department of Defense security guidelines and policies, highly desired.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18