This position supports the establishment and sustainment of DLA LANs as the agency progresses toward an enterprise approach to network communications. The Firewall Administrator works under general supervision, supporting network development from inception to conclusion. The selected candidate must demonstrate knowledge and accomplishment in monitoring and analyzing Firewall system logs. The Firewall Administrator will support the identification, evaluation, and recommendation for approval of security components and their configuration for DLA LAN devices.
- Developing required specifications for simple to moderately complex problems.
- Coordinating with the vendor PM, COTRs, and government user representatives to ensure accurate solutions and user satisfaction on technical matters.
- Formulating security policy and managing security configuration.
Experience requirement: Five years of relevant experience to include:
- Working knowledge of Firewalls.
- Working knowledge and understanding of industry standard network environments to include firewall and security hardware/software.
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance Best Practices.
- In depth knowledge of LAN and WAN operations.
- Knowledge of industry standard incident ticket tracking systems for inputting incident tickets and creating work orders.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DOD and DLA security regulations, guidelines and policies, to include, but not limited to, IA standards.
- Working knowledge of the installation, configuration and day-to-day sustainment of network equipment, to include but not limited to: firewalls and other network appliances.
- This position requires IAT-II certification (CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP).
- Computing Environment (CCSA, CCSE)