Fire Protection Engineer III
Merrick is seeking an experienced Fire Protection Engineer with at least ten (10) years of experience in providing fire safety system design services for DOE and DoD governmental Facilities for our office in Los Alamos, NM.
- Will provide fire protection design for DOE and DoD governmental Facilities.
- Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required; as well as take design direction from senior-level engineers.
- Design tasks will include Conceptual Studies, Program Requirements, Design Analyses, Calculations, Equipment selection and layout, and System selection and layout.
- Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs.
- Coordinate all support activities required to complete all design efforts and quality assurance processes.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure accuracy of the package, meet schedule, and budget commitments.
- Meet with clients to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of work.
- Prepare fee proposals for fire protection design work.
- Specific experience in designing fire protection systems for DOE and Military projects is preferred.
- Registered Fire Protection PE is required.
- Experience with building and fire safety code analysis, fire dynamic analysis, and fire risk analysis is required.
- Experience with computer-based fire dynamic and evacuation simulation modeling is a plus.
- Design in HVAC and plumbing systems is a plus.
- Position requires the ability to manage other engineers and designers.
- Experience interfacing with client contacts.
- Design/Build experience is a plus.
- Must have minimum ten (10) years of experience in fire protection design.
- Proficiency with MS Office,
- AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation and/or Bentley BIM is a plus.
- Client projects for this position require US Citizenship
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Sciences from an ABET Accredited Program
- Fire protection / Mechanical / Architectural / Electrical engineering degree with experience in fire protection.
- Ability to obtain (CO, NM, SC & TN) P.E. within 3 months is a plus.
- LEED Accredited Professional is a plus.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Up to approximately 25% travel will be required.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to computers, phones, copiers, scanners, and plotters.
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education, and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.