Primary Purpose of Position:
- Direct the day to day operation of all security and life safety functions of the building. Prepare, revise and maintain logs of all alarm and fire suppression and evacuation systems. Train building personnel as well as tenants in regards to Fire Safety Plan, Non-Fire Emergencies Plan and Medical Emergencies Plan.
- Staff and monitor lobby fire command station.
- Report to Fire Command Station and implement Fire Safety Plan, Non-Fire Emergency Plan and/or Medical Emergency Plan as dictated by circumstances.
- Notify arriving emergency response personnel of the nature of the emergency and the response taken or actions implemented.
- Interview, train and deploy security/fire & life safety personnel in a manner, which maximizes the protection of life and property.
- Train the Deputy FLSD, the Fire Life Safety Brigade, the Fire Life Safety Wardens and the Deputy Fire Life Safety Wardens.
- Assist the Property Manager in implementing and maintaining an approved Comprehensive Fire Safety and Emergency Action program in the building.
- Periodically test Class E System and all ancillary equipment maintaining logs of such tests reporting any and all deficiencies to Property Manager.
- Revise and maintain all assignments of Fire & Life Safety personnel and associated logs. Post all floor Fire & Life Safety team information as required by law.
- Conduct & administer the Comprehensive Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan as required by law.
- Prepare and update fire safety team charts as directed by management.
- Review all construction drawings submitted by management office as to adherence to NYCFD codes and ordinances.
- Conduct elevator fire recall function as required.
- Coordinate with Property Manager/Chief Engineer in the implementation of a Fire Brigade Program.
- Supervise testing and inspection of all fire extinguishers in base building areas.
- Coordinate testing of fire alarm system, with building occupants and management.
- Coordinate testing of standpipe and sprinkler systems with building occupants and management.
- Perform other general administrative duties as assigned/necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or equivalent educational certification required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the supervision of Fire & Life Safety in a high-rise office building.
- By education or experience possess the knowledge to administrate a fire safety program within the parameters of all local ordinances and building standards.
- A documented history of employment in the security, police, firefighting or military field.
- Fire & Life Safety Director Certificate. (F-89)
- Standpipe and sprinkler certificate.
- Any other license or certification as from time to time may be required by local law or ordinance.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as computer related work.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as filing and photocopying, faxing etc.
- Involves movement between departments and office building floors to facilitate work.