- Plans, coordinates, supervise and evaluates Fire and EMS operations.
- Advises on and establishes policies and procedures for Fire and EMS.
- Plans and implements Fire and EMS programs for the Plant in order to better carry out policies and goals including those set forth in the various
- Army Regulations, Ordinances, and the State Fire Code.
- Reviews Departmental performance and effectiveness.
- Reviews and recommends the implementation of new and innovative technology.
- Supervises and coordinates the preparation, presentation, and spending of an Annual Budget for the Fire and EMS Department.
- Plans for and reviews specifications for new or replacement equipment.
- Responds to alarms, administers initial emergency (care or response and or service) when necessary and directs activities at the scene of emergencies as required.
- Responsible for the inspection of buildings and other properties for fire hazards and enforces local fire prevention ordinances as well as the State Fire Code.
- Train personnel in all aspects of the job.
- Maintains Departmental discipline and the conduct and general behavior of assigned personnel.
- Prepares and submits monthly reports to the Army regarding department activities and prepares a variety of other reports as appropriate.
- Plans Departmental operations with respect to equipment, apparatus, and personnel and further supervises the implementation of such plans in accordance with established policies.
- Assigns personnel and equipment to such duties and uses as the service requires.
- Ten (10) years of experience in Fire or Emergency Medical Service work and five (5) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Fire Officer II, Fire Inspector I, Fire Instructor I, and HAZMAT Incident Commander
- Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in fire science, or a closely related field.
- Or, any acceptable equivalent combination of Education and Experience.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills. Must be flexible/adaptable to constantly changing environment
- Ability to make verbal and written presentations related to site procedures
- Thorough knowledge of modern fire suppression and prevention and emergency medical services, principles, procedures, techniques and equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of emergency medicine techniques and their application as demonstrated through EMT Certification.
- Intermediate to advanced level keyboard and computer skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments, actions and direct others to locations and tasks
- Ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations and capable of staying alert during period of inactivity