The FinTech Commercial Manager will report directly to the Head of Strategic Relationships LATAM and Deputy Head of the Region who is based in Miami, Florida. SWIFT is looking to achieve aggressive growth in the Americas marketplace. To achieve this, a number of activities are required in 2018 and beyond, which require Latin American banking and securities expertise, with specific expertise within the biggest markets such as Colombia.
- Add his / her sales, technical and project management expertise to the commercial discussion with a view to assist customers implementing their projects and infrastructure improvements.
- Serve as account manager for clients composed mainly by Banks, asset managers, broker dealers, and Corporates
- Other areas of focus will be regional initiatives in the securities and clearing space such as the integration of the local securities market in Colombia, MILA. and others.
- Partner with Swift colleagues to drive the strategy in the region by delivering on country strategies, offering technical and market expertise.
- Work in coordination with other sales teams/market experts based in Miami, and NY.
- Provide support for the execution and implementation of large deals and projects with the local Market Infrastructures.
- Identify customer needs and market opportunities to achieve business growth by building and maintaining long term customer relationships. Help implement community initiatives.
- Implement plans / projects/ initiatives towards assigned sales accounts by coordinating and tracking all activities.
- Liaise with other divisions/departments, commercial team managers and members in order to provide a coordinated service and integrated solution to assigned sales accounts
- Prepare and execute strategic documents per sector as well as individual account plans for the larger relationships under your responsibility.
- Acquire and maintain skills and knowledge of SWIFT products/services and initiatives.
The successful candidate for this role will have knowledge of the Financial Industry landscape and have established relationships at very senior levels of management within the financial institutions assigned to their coverage. This candidate should also have extensive sales and project managementexperience and a clear understanding of Swift’s products and services strategy.
Education and Languages
- Education - University degree or equivalent, Master’s degree desirable
- Spanish native speaker; Fluent spoken and written English
Experience and skills
- At least 15years’ experience in the financial industry in a sales and business development role focusing on transaction banking and payments.
- Must come with a very strong portfolio of Senior level contacts in Colombia within the financial industry together with proven experience in working with these individuals to implement important strategic initiatives.
- Must have a good understanding of the payments landscape in terms of industry disrupters, crytocurrency, new trends, cybersecurity challenges, and regulatory landscape.
- Strong customer focus and business acumen. Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Highly confident self-starter and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to travel both within the U.S. and abroad.
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledge
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from other teams, geographies and cultures
- Ability to deliver clear, concise and convincing written and verbal communications.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Must be able to travel 75%
Job ID 2018-4642