Finder UI Engineer
- Job Number: 112924637
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 29-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
You will be focusing not only on designing and writing code, but also in defining and refining consistent, clean user interfaces that are clear, intuitive and a pleasure to use. You will be producing excellent reliable code and will spend considerable amounts of time on tuning the performance and responsiveness of the user interfaces you build. As a member of the team you will take features through all phases of the development cycle: prototyping, design, development, refinement, bug fixing and performance tuning.
- Fluency in Obj-C, Swift or C++
- Excellent software design, development and debugging skills
- Experience designing and coding user interfaces
- macOS or iOS development expertise
- Knowledge of tools such as Xcode, clang, lldb, Instruments
- Knowledge of File System operations, multi-threading, coding for performance
Outside of the Finder team, you will be working with teams throughout the macOS Engineering organization, from file systems and networking to macOS frameworks such as AppKit and Core Animation all the way to human interface design.
Desired experience • Knowledge of macOS programming, including AppKit, Core Animation and Core Graphics • Some iOS development experience