I have a permanent opportunity in Newark NJ who is looking for a Financial Systems Engineer to join the team.
This person will be responsible for the design, customization, support and maintenance of Finance and Accounting applications for firm-wide use.
Otherresponsibilities of the position include the research and evaluation of future applications, software upgrades, project coordination, documentation, knowledge sharing and issue resolution.
- Work in lockstep with IT Department to supportfinance systems
- Provide primary technical support of the firm’s accounting and finance systems
- Analyze, test and apply software patches and upgrades as required
- Analyze and manage application security
- Work closely with Finance and Accounting staff to design, document and implement new business processes.
- Document customizations to the financial system in such a way that the firm is able to identify the current status of the application, its underlying infrastructure and utilize the documentation as a basis for training curriculum development
- Troubleshoot applications and coordinate vendor support when necessary
- Create SQL Jobs to proactively inform users of specific data/events
- Provide quality control and validation of all customizations to ensure application functionality and data integrity
- Experience with the following software solutions: Thomson Reuters Elite, Elite Design Gallery, DataFusion, eBilling Hub, Chrome River; preferred
- In depth knowledge of relational database systems, Microsoft SQL Server strongly preferred
- Knowledge of reporting tools, e.g. SQL Reporting Services, Crystal Reports
- Five (5) years of hands-on experiencesupporting technical systems preferred
- Experience with web-based technologies (.NET, C#, ASP, Java, etc.)
- Experience with VB/VBA, scriptinglanguages, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Experience providing IT support for Financial/Accounting operations
- Interest and ability to learn Finance/Accounting processes
- Knowledge of systems analysis and design methods