Financial Systems and Controls Manager
Our client is a market leader in their industry providing an essential product to organizations for short-term and long-term utilization. Their Finance & Accounting and IT operations are critical to the ongoing development and efficiency of the company and they wish to hire a Financial Systems and Controls Manager to oversee the operation, maintenance, and procedures of the company's ERP system as it relates to the finance function.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Ensures that consistent practices are used throughout the Company to maintain the integrity of the JD Edwards system
- Works with the IT, finance and other departments to meet business requirements
- Coordinates with IT to maintain and execute business rules, calculations, data copies and moves
- Manages system metadata, coordinates execution of change management process and communicates changes
- Reviews and monitors the application and make recommendations for design enhancements relative to ongoing practices
- Prepares and maintains user documentation and training materials; trains and supports users
- Evaluates and identifies potential business and financialreporting risks, brings recommendations forward for consideration
- Participates in projects to improve consolidation and reporting processes
- Ensures accuracy of foreign currency reporting through system set-up
- Reviews, documents and maintains internal controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Accounting or Finance related field required.
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of increasing Accounting and IT career progression
- Must have experienceworking within a major ERP system (Oracle or JD Edwards experience highly preferred).
- Experience in managing information technology upgrades and installations
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence platforms and dashboard applications
- Experience in multi-locationreporting structure
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint