GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
This newly-created role will be challenged with assisting with all aspects of planning, designing, and analyzing user requests and requirements for implementation, development, integration, and support of the Oracle Financials suite of applications. This role will collaborate with the Oracle Financial Systems team to assist with business challenges, cross-training, and providing solutions in an effort to improve Financial Business processes. The role offers lots of opportunity in assisting with rolling out new Oracle functionality and consolidate sites currently located outside the US.
- Act as a Financial Systems department liaison with our Information Technology department to ensure that the development team understands and develops solutions that are in-line with user’s functional requirements.
- Gather and document functional requirements for custom reports and programs.
- Assist in identifying opportunities to leverage technology and build on the Financial Systems platform.
- Seek out potential cost-savings opportunities when examining current business processes.
- Assist the organization with testing custom reports and programs developed by IT for the Financial Systems Department.
- Help develop training documents when needs arise in assisting business process and understanding.
- Assist with researching and implementing third party software solutions in the areas of reporting and analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience directly related to the supported business area with an aptitude for both application systems and operational business process development.
- Must have Oracle E-Business Suite experience; Projects, Accounts Receivable, Billing applications preferred.
- Functional understanding of business processes and detailed knowledge of systems applications preferred.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating cross-functionally to implement new systems and tools preferred.
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing in a cross-functional, ambiguous, fast-paced environment, and demonstrated ability to project manage complex end-to-end programs.
- Keen problem solving skills, ability to deal with moderately complex situations, and ability to recommend a course of action/solution in addition to analyzing and interpreting data to arrive at IT/business solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence and negotiate at various levels of management and cross-functionally.
- Understanding of data query and report writing capabilities strongly preferred.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities