A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You’ll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
5 year(s) of Client Facing Consulting, along with 3+ years experience in AWS Solution Arch.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE JOB REQUIREMENTS TO ASSURE THAT YOU HAVE: REST Services, SPRING BOOT, JENKINS and/or JAVA EXPERIENCE BEFORE APPLYING, SINCE THIS IS NOT JUST A AWS CLOUD ROLE!
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrates individual business leadership abilities with proven record of success in the following areas:
- Leading large enterprise integration engagements emphasizing Enterprise Integration Architecture, Business Process Transformation and IT Systems Implementation;
- Providing thought leadership when applying methodologies and managing architectural project elements;
- Designing and delivering innovative solutions from concept through implementation in a complex environment, including proven success in an Architect role;
- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts at executive level through individual team member of both business and technical disciplines;
- Leading a key workstream in an engagement(s), staying educated on current trends and assisting in the development of knowledge capital;
- Collaborating and leading business development teams responsible for writing and presenting proposals to prospective clients; and,
- Managing project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and successful completion of engagement workstream(s).
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in individual technology leadership including the following areas:
We are looking for a strong hands-on Application architect proficient in Java, Sprint Boot and REST services. Detailed role requirements are below (bolded the technical stack we are looking for):
- Architectural patterns such as Microservices, Event driven architecture
- Communication patterns such as REST, API Gateway
- Deployment patterns including Containers and Serverless
- Build/Release patterns including Continuous integration, Continuous delivery
- Technologies including Java, Spring Boot, REST services, Jenkins, SoapUI, Zephyr, JUnit, Selenium
- AWS stack including ECS Fargate, Docker, Lambda, RDS (Postgres), Aurora, ElastiCache, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, VPC, S3
- Agile development lifecycle shipping code in 2-3 week Sprints
- Web development patterns including Single Page applications using Angular or React (lower priority)
- Hands-on AWS experience of an end-to-end implementation in an Enterprise scale environment;
- At least 2 programming languages (compiled or scripted languages) and create prototypes and able to review code and code quality;
- Core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as: Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies, Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design, Environment and application automation, CloudFormation and third-party automation approach/strategy, Network connectivity, Direct Connect and VPN, AWS Cost Management and Optimization; and,
- Working in SAFe.