Description: See More
Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. Performs economic research and studies in the areas of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
- Prepares financial reports and conducts comprehensive analyses with written summaries to management.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data.
- Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances, and coordinates with junior analysts' variance analysis process as defined.
- Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets.
- May be responsible for budget system completion and high level reviews.
- Participates in and/or leads projects of moderate to complex scope as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of financial analysis or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in finance related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Broad application of financial analysis principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Advanced proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of financial analysis principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Highly developed knowledge of finance theories such as present values theory/cash flow analysis and accounting principles.
- Able to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct professional presentations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1800 Harrison 1800 Harrison
Additional Locations: United States
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Monday - Friday
Working Hours Start: 8:00 am
Working Hours End: 5:00 Pm
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Category: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial Services
Department: ESS Finance Decision Support Analytics & Reporting
Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Valid through: 1/21/2021