Manage sales and branch associates. Oversee branch operations with support from an OSS. Outbound calling on business customers and prospects. Business product and services sales. Loan products sold are credit card, checkline reserve and non-complex secured business credit products. May occasionally partner with a business or commercial banker to sell business deposits and services into a relationship. Used in branches with significant business sales opportunity. Supported by 1-2 BSR's and/or 1 BBS and/or 1 SSR3.
80% - Sales:
- Achieve Financial, Production and Relationship results as defined by the role specific metrics and goals for the Sales Scorecards. The results may include a requirement for individual contribution as well as team performance.
- Develops and implements an individual sales & service activities plan that aligns with the team plan.
- Proactively looks for way to enhance sales performance by seeking coaching, supporting Bank initiatives and leveraging tools to enhance activities.
- Ensures sales activities are aligned to create value for both the customer and the bank. Sales results should align with the needs of the community and ultimately support the organizational commitment to diverse lending.
- Effectively engages partners to develop holistic customer relationships.
- Uses a relationship selling approach in customer/prospect interactions, ensuring appropriate preparation and planning is completed and probing customer-centric conversations occur.
- When appropriate, represents the Bank in the community by attending and participating in civic and community events for purpose of generating additional business and identifying potential CRA opportunities for the Bank.
10% - Team Management:
- Manages a team sales & service plan that aligns with the financial expectations of bank and maximizes results by effectively aligning associates and their activities to create value for both the customer and the bank.
- For each managed associate, clarifies expectations, outlines accountabilities and authorities and supports ongoing development through coaching as well as ensuring role appropriate learning plans are in place and being acted upon.
- Through regular interactions and inspection, ensures utilization of the Bank's processes and provides one on one feedback and coaching to support associate development and achievement of results
- Partners with Human Resources to perform various personnel functions to include staffing and disciplinary action.
- Facilitates regular team meetings that drive team focus on sales & service plans and achievement of results, incorporating recognition, knowledge and skill building activities and best practice sharing.
5% - Operations and Administration:
- Associates in roles defined to take deposits are accountable to accuracy, efficiency, and workload results as defined by the Operational Scorecard. The results may include a requirement for individual contribution as well as team performance.
- Adheres to all regulations, compliance and Bank policies, procedures and delegated authorities.
- Manages risk related to credit, operational, reputational, regulatory and legal aspects of personal interactions.
- Performs general office management duties as assigned.
- Completes required training by established deadlines.
5% - Service & Sales Support and Referrals:
- Demonstrates Bank's service standards of accuracy, responsiveness, courtesy, partnership and responsibility along with other service expectations as established.
- Ensures service and referral activities are aligned to create value for both the customer and the bank.
- Uses problem-solving, listening, understanding and responding techniques to address a customers' immediate needs and when appropriate, link need to a solution where there is an opportunity to expand or retain a relationship.
- Regularly creates value added conversations with customers to uncover opportunities to make quality referrals to branch or other business partners.
- Prepares sales support materials for prospect and customer calling efforts. Schedules prospect and client appointments.
- Proactively looks for ways to enhance service and referral performance by seeking coaching, supporting Bank initiatives, and leveraging tools to enhance activities.
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 4 years experience in a sales, customer service role and/or in a lending role to include a minimum of 1 year lead or supervisory experience.
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 8 years experience in a sales, customer service role and/or in a lending role to include a minimum of 1 year lead or supervisory experience.
- Must complete federal registration and annual renewal as required by the SAFE Act.
- Knowledge of business deposit account types.
- Understanding of generic cash management products and services.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision.