New York, NY
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Not Specified years
Posted 251 days ago
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Markets – Financial Resource Management
Financial Resource Management (FRM) provides capital, liquidity and collateral leadership within Citi Markets. The team focuses on developing business capital/funding strategy, modelling future resource usage and managing the business against targets. All aspects of financial resource management are run in close coordination with Citi’s Treasury, Finance and Risk teams.
The effective management of capital, liquidity and collateral is recognized as being among the most significant challenges currently faced by the banking sector. Effectively managing those metrics will be a significant determinant of our future competitiveness. Successful candidates will be asked to make a major contribution to Citi’s financial resources optimization mandate by identifying areas of opportunity for Citi and driving projects to capture those opportunities.
The candidate will be focused on helping the team achieve its liquidity objectives, namely:
• Liquidity Modelling
o Build in-business expertise around liquidity regulations, rules and metrics
o Review, refine and automate actual and contingent liquidity usage calculations and establish regular reporting
o Design, lead & implement strategic technology projects to facilitate liquidity optimization
• Joint Business, Finance & Treasury Balance Sheet and Liquidity Planning for Markets
• Funding Strategy and Plan with Capital and Stress considerations
• Transfer Pricing changes to facilitate multi-point curve with improved transparency and allocation drivers
• Bachelor's degree and significant qualifications in Economics, Computer Science, Math, Financial Engineering, Physics or related field
• Ability to coordinate processes and work as part of multiple teams across a firm
• An ability to manage personal workload and agenda independently but in alignment with the priorities of the business unit
• Experience partnering with business owners to assess data for patterns and to spot anomalies
• Self-motivated, with a strong desire to learn and work independently
• Ability to work under pressure in a highly professional Front Office environment
• Superior attention to detail and level of accuracy
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Analytical aptitude regarding data analysis and quantitative strategies
• An open mind for critical and creative thinking
• Knowledge of asset classes or regulatory familiarity is a plus
• Knowledge of Citi’s infrastructure is a plus
• Familiarity with large scale data and querying ability is preferred
Additionally, the candidate should have an appetite to develop a detailed understanding of the following areas:
• Relevant legislation and regulation (relating to liquidity, collateral management, capital adequacy and leverage)
• Markets sales, trading, and financing, credit, and derivatives
• Markets, Operations and Treasury systems infrastructure
• The accounting and liquidity treatment of derivative and financing transactions