As the financialreporting manager, you will play a key role in both the accounting and financialreporting functions of the organization. This position is responsible for developing and delivering timely and insightful financialreporting to the Company's business leaders, identifying process improvements, reviewing deliverables for the year end audit, and performing standard monthly and quarterly close activities. Monthly responsibilities include review and distribution of internal and external financial statements and reporting packages, analysis of financial statement variances and trends, and review of journal entries and account reconciliations. This position interacts regularly with senior management of the organization and is viewed as a pipeline for leadership positions within the finance and accounting organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the preparation and review of internal and external financial statements
- Assists in the preparation of various internal reporting packages, which are distributed across all levels of the organization
- Researches significant variances and trends for the Company's corporate / shared services departments and presents findings to senior management
- Serves as a key point of contact for our external auditors
- Assists in the research and documentation of significant, complex, and/or unusual transactions to ensure proper application of US GAAP
- Reviews and approves certain journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure proper application of US GAAP
- Works with the Corporate and Regional Controllers to identify and address potential gaps in the Company's internal controls over financialreporting
- Assists in the formation of internal accounting and operational policies
- Assists in the annual budgeting process
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- 5 to 7 year of progressive accounting experience
- Public accounting experiencepreferred
- SEC experience a plus
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of intellectual curiosity and a continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive understanding of US GAAP with extensive experience researching technical accounting issues
- Highly motivated individual who can work independently
- Team player who doesn't mind digging into the details
- Must possess and demonstrate the highest level of personal integrity and professional judgment.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and respectful manner with all levels within the organization, from senior management to operating personnel.