The Finance/Accounting team is seeking out driven, detail-oriented professionals to exercise GAAP principles while preserving the superior financial standing of our $15B company. These personnel examine data for accurate pricing in Customer Finance, reconcile/manage invoices as an Accounting Coordinator, or scrutinize the company’s state/federal income tax data in Corporate Tax
The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of technical and IFRS accounting and reporting, and ensuring proper controls are in place and maintained over IFRS reporting.
- Research and document technical accounting matters and financial disclosure requirements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Regularly collaborate with general ledger accounting groups, financial reporting managers and Assistant Corporate Controller to identify, research, resolve and/or communicate findings on accounting-related questions regarding business transactions and other non-routine matters.
- Provide accounting support for new acquisitions and system conversions.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and obtaining relevant guidance and data.
- Identify and document US and international accounting differences.
- Review US GAAP to IFRS adjusting accounting entries, balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements.
- Communicate with parent company including responding to ad hoc requests and providing financial reporting packages.
- Work closely with US GAAP accounting manager to prepare reporting information consistently for IFRS.
- Work closely with consolidation manager to implement system changes to meet or enhance IFRS reporting needs.
- Implement and maintain controls over IFRS reporting.
- Research new accounting guidance and exposure drafts and assist in assessing implications, training & communications, and implementation plans.
- Cross train with other financial reporting and accounting personnel, as assigned.
- Initiate and manage process improvements for role and function.
- Assist with other tasks and projects within the financial reporting department and support corporate and department initiatives, as needed.
- Develop knowledge and skills by pursuing educational opportunities, reading and professional publications, participating in professional organizations and maintaining personal networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting, or related discipline from a regionally accredited college or university and 5+ years related experience and/or training; required.
- CPA, required.
- Experience working with public companies strongly preferred.
- Public accounting experience strongly encouraged.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and business principles, including GAAP and an ability to grasp company financial policies and protocols.
- Strong experience with technical accounting research and documentation.
- Strong decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to research, develop and present ideas to groups
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and proficient with other Microsoft Office tools.
- High degree of accuracy and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and solution-oriented with the ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.