Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Financial Reporting Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Coordinate preparation of all financial reports in accordance with GAAP and Eurofins Group’s requirements, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders, departmental reports, and reports for government regulatory agencies.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating year-end close processes including financial statement audit.
- Assisting with the coordination of the annual budget process.
- Financial integration of newly acquired companies and support the purchase accounting.
- Provide leadership to the accounting team.
- Support legal and business reorganizations and Group-wide projects and initiatives.
- Support implementation of Eurofins Policies and procedures
- Monitoring and interpreting actual results of financial data against budget, performing variance analysis, and providing financial analysis in support of management decision making.
- Critically assess current accounting operations and processes and implement best practices.
- Evaluate and implement internal control systems and risk management processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- CPA and/or Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or accounting preferred
- Strong knowledge of US-GAAP
- Previous experience in public accounting preferred
- Must possess solid communication, technical, analytical and management skills
- Responsive problem solver, a dynamic and ambitious person
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office
- Travel (20%-40%) may be required
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Des Moines, IA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.