FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER
The Manager – Financial Reporting will assist with the development of accounting policies as well as implementing new accounting standards for the Cox Automotive business. The position will play a key role in ensuring the accuracy of the consolidated financial statements in compliance with U.S. GAAP reporting requirements. The position will also help facilitate the submission of Cox Automotive financials to our parent company, Cox Enterprises.
- Perform research, provide consultation and prepare/review documentation for complex accounting issues. Assist the business in addressing any complex transactions or accounting related issues.
- Participate with implementation of new accounting standards and the establishment of internal control policies. Advise and provide suggestions for senior management’s consideration for development of accounting policies and processes.
- Assist with providing technical accounting guidance to management on acquisition accounting related matters (e.g., purchase price, working capital, business valuations, etc.) Address any accounting concerns with Purchase Agreements. Ensure accurate reporting of purchase price allocation and valuation of intangible assets.
- Assist in finance integration efforts for newly acquired companies and develop plan for incorporating newly acquired companies’ financial information into the Cox Automotive consolidated financial statements. Review and analyze acquired company accounting policies and advise on the analysis of potential accounting differences, considerations and recommendations. Work with other areas of the company to effectively and efficiently onboard newly acquired companies, as necessary.
- Assist with preparation and presentation of external financial statements, including footnotes, as well as management’s discussion and analysis. Prepare monthly cash flows analysis.
- Assist in internal and external audits to ensure information being received is correct and done in a timely manner. Participate in meetings with audit team to update progress and make sure their needs are being met.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analyses for equity investments, noncontrolling interests, intangible assets and goodwill, including related impairment assessments.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- College degree required. Business, Accounting, or Finance degree. CPA required.
- Minimum 3-4 years of related work experience; prior management experience preferred.
- Public company or Big 4 experience preferred.
- Proficient technical skills and a thorough understanding of GAAP, as well as experience developing policies and writing whitepapers for complex accounting issues.
- Prior experience working with an ERP a must. Previous experience with Oracle, HFM, and Hyperion Essbase is preferred.
- Extensive computer experience in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and ability to quickly develop positive working relationships.
- Able to maintain effectiveness in changing work environment and responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and proactively develop solutions with minimal guidance.