- Assist in the preparation of Quarterly and Annual Financial Reports and manage the internaland external review for these documents maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- Create and maintain calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: flash report, BOD package, and company financial performance write ups.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal operational financial statements and reports.
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team.
- Lead communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues.
- Coordinate the annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors.
- Create, implement, and maintain comprehensive worldwide accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency.
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close the financial period.
- Support month end and year end closing.
- Participate in other projects as required.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reportingprocess.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP and IAS compliance
- Key contributor in due diligence and purchase accounting activities for new acquisitions.
- Ensure compliance with financial covenants, including timely and accurate monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Assist in treasury functions of the Company, such as monitoring account funding and collateralization requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient with Word and Excel,
- Strong technical accounting experience, with experience in researching complex accounting issues.
- Detail oriented, and self-motivated, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver accurate work product during busy periods.
- Ability to consider business and financial implications of projects and transactions.
- Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality with work product
This position will report to a Director in Financial Reporting and will be responsible for overseeing appropriate accounting practices of general ledger, AP, AP and other finance groups within the organization.
- 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in Public Accounting and/or the reporting function of a Mid-Size to Large Corporation.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly supervisory experience, with a proven record of employee development.
- Experience in research complicated technical accounting issues and presenting to Senior Management.
- Bachelors degree with concentration in Accounting required.
- Experience in the airline industry and/or lot inventory accounting concepts preferred.
- Master's degree highly preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; however overtime may be required based on workload.