This Senior Analyst will be the lead analyst managing and responsible for analyzing SSGA financial and business results. This role incorporates several key areas; responsible for all SSGA financialreporting (across all regions, businesses, channels; across all scenarios, actuals, budget, forecast, prior year), and advancement of key analytics for executive management (both SSGA and Corporate Enterprise Decisions Support (EDS)).
The incumbent would ideally have relevant industry background. The position requires excellent financial modeling and analysis ability coupled with strong communication, collaboration, managerial and time management skills. Candidate will need to be a creative, self-starter, and be a critical contributor in the Global Finance Group in the advancement of implementing best practices, and development of new and key tools used by central and Business Unit (BU) Finance teams. Experience working with and/or managing offshore team, a plus.
As a key member of the finance team, the successful candidate will be comfortable interfacing and presenting to senior management both within the finance team, and the line of business. The position is a key hire as SSGA Finance seeks to advance and rebuild its core finance and business management capabilities in support of driving better decision making and evaluating opportunities which improve the organizations’ overall profitability.
- Principal role will be the development, production and oversight of thefinancialreporting process and the related analysis including:
- Drive all reporting efforts supporting SSGA CEO, CFO and EMG, Corporate BOD, EDS, Accounting and other groups
- Development of financial analytics models and standard commentary platforms for BU teams
- Prepare SSGA and BU teams for monthly forecast, independently assess feasibility of financial results and collaborate on the optimal projection
- Supervise and training India Team (Bangalore) in consolidation and production of majority of analytics
- Developing process controls and checks to ensure accuracy of model results, and maintain hierarchy
- Leverage cognos finance owned data warehouse (revenue, sales, AUM), etc) application in development of superior analysis and reporting to drive business opportunities.
- Contribute in development of data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Spotfire) tools for BU and Senior Management.
- Lead annual operating plan coordination and development of targets by region, channel, and product
- Play a leading role in SSGA Finance efforts to develop multi-yearfinancial model, critical for strategic decision making, including CCAR
- Collaboration with Finance product profitability unit (CAPS), in order to fully maximize channel and client profitability tool
- Compiles ad-hocreporting and completes special projects as assigned;
- Assists SSGA Finance in building a culture of continuous improvement - critically examines and assesses reporting practices and suggests improvements wherever necessary.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in accounting, finance or business analysis, preferably in financial services
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or financerequired;
- Progress towards completing an MBA or CFA preferred
- Background in financial controls and processespreferred;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interact with senior levels;
- Advanced model development and application of financial metrics (i.e. NPV, IRR, etc)
- Exhibits an exceptional standard of quality which includes attention to detail, organization, superior analysis and problem solving and accountability for excellent results;
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
- Candidate needs to be a strong team player, self-starter who approaches work enthusiastically, demonstrates initiative and has the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience operating in an offshore/onshore team a plus;
- Experience with Khalix, Cognos, Oracle and Essbase a plus;