The Investment Management group is the operating organization for all of SSGA’s Portfolio Management (PM), Trading and Research. This role incorporates several key areas and responsible for all financialreporting and analysis, and advancement of key analytics/PM (portfolio manager) profitability for management (both Investment Management and SSGA).
The incumbent would ideally have relevant asset management industry background. The position requires strong financial modeling and analysis ability coupled with good communication, collaboration, and time management skills. Candidate will need to be a creative, self-starter, and be a critical contributor in the advancement of implementing best practices, and development of new and key tools.
As a member of the finance team, the successful candidate will be comfortable interfacing and presenting to management both within the finance team, and the line of business. The position is a key hire as SSGA Finance seeks to advance and rebuild its core finance and management capabilities in support of driving better decision making and evaluating opportunities which improve the IM organizations’ overall financial contribution to SSGA.
- FP&A’s principal role will be the development, production and oversight of thefinancialreporting process and the related analysis including:
- Support all financialreporting efforts supporting SSGA CIO, CFO and EMG, Corporate BOD, EDS, Accounting and other groups
- Development of financial analytics models and standard commentary platforms for all Portfolio Management (PM) Groups.
- Prepare PM team monthly forecast, independently assess feasibility of financial results and collaborate on the optimal projection.
- Supervise and training India Team (Bangalore) in consolidation and production of analytics and reporting.
- Support overall revenue, expense and profitability analytics performed by the PM team.
- Contribute in development of data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Spotfire) tools for BU and Senior Management.
- Play supporting role in SSGA Finance efforts to develop multi-yearfinancial model, critical for strategic decision making.
- Compiles ad-hocreporting and completes special projects as assigned.
- Assists SSGA Finance in building a culture of continuous improvement - critically examines and assesses reporting practices and suggests improvements wherever necessary.
- Position will report to Investment Management Finance Managing Director
- 5 - 7 years of experience in accounting, finance or business analysis, preferably in financial services
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or financerequired;
- Progress towards completing an MBA or CFA preferred
- Background in financial controls and processespreferred;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interact with senior levels;
- Advanced model development and application of financial metrics (i.e. NPV, IRR, etc)
- Exhibits an exceptional standard of quality which includes attention to detail, organization, problem solving and accountability for excellent results;
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
- Candidate needs to be a strong team player, self-starter who approaches work enthusiastically, demonstrates initiative and has the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience operating in an offshore/onshore team a plus;
- Experience with Khalix, Cognos, Oracle and Essbase a plus;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; advanced Excel analysis skills (i.e. Vlookup, Pivot Tables, advanced graphing etc.), ACCESS and PowerPoint skills are required to succeed in the role.