Financial Projects Manager
It is the primary responsibility of the Manager to manage the implementation and maintenance of business solutions across the Finance Shared Service Center (FSSC) and Finance Organization through the execution of established project management methodologies. This position requires a mixture of technical work, analytical work, project management and interaction with business leaders. In this position, the Manager will oversee/initiate and complete analytical and strategic support to the Finance Projects team at all levels. The Manager will develop project plans, participate in and oversee the completion of multiple projects within the FSSC. The Manager will ensure tasks and timelines in projects are adhered to. The Manager will assign tasks as needed, perform tasks as needed and monitor the overall status of a project. The Manager will work with the Director of Finance Projects on project tasks as needed.
The Manager will work in a team environment to help develop and implement alternate methodologies and procedures that will enhance the Organization’s business practices. The Manager is responsible for managing and aiding in the development, coordination, and implementation of the tasks associated with FSSC projects and initiatives. The Manager will support the Director of Finance Projects in facilitating implementation of best practices through project management to achieve standardization across all finance related functions. This position supports finance and accounting activities for The Company, and will also support continuous improvement initiatives and events.
- Manage project stakeholders and all aspects of project including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closing.
- Develop project plans according to establish FSSC Project Management Methodology.
- Monitor and control of existing or completed projects.
- Support areas of the FSSC in accordance to roles and responsibilities.
- Develop and maintains effective communication and excellent relationship with internal customers (included but not limited to business units, operations, property CFOs) including ensuring their requirements are identified and consistently met.
- Manage system implementations and/or processes related developments which are initiated externally or by the FSSC to ensure that requirements are met and/or work efficiently enhanced.
- Manage and promotes an effective relationship between the FSSC, the business unit and other corporate departments and ensures effective operational processes.
- Enhance internal customer service through the implementation of reporting and processing improvements as well as promotion of service oriented approach within all functional responsibilities.
- Drive and oversee continuous measurement, development and improvement of customer service quality and efficiency with and on behalf of senior management across the FSSC Provide concise project related reporting to appropriate audiences.
- Provide concise project related reporting to appropriate audiences.
- Maintain service level agreements with internal customers.
- Manage, develop and maintain effective communication and excellent relationships with internal customers (included but not limited to business units, operations, property CFOs) including ensuring their requirements are identified and consistently met.
- Oversee, maintain and enhance internal customer service through the implementation of reporting and process improvements as well as promotion of service oriented approaches within all functional responsibilities.
- Ability to work on multiple levels from resolving individual support issues to leading large strategic projects.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to MGM Resorts International standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holiday
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- At least 5 years of Finance, Project Management, or relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent education and experience
- Supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.