We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Financial Project Analyst (Advisor) Leads mid-sized time-limited projects or components of a larger project. Directs one or more teams of business consultants involved in the evaluation of system requirements and/or the development and documentation of new procedures, new process flow diagrams, and policy solutions to address highly complex business needs. Performs an Accounting impact assessment for assigned projects and considers implications from cost, efficiency, contractual, legal and/or regulatory standpoints. Determines requirements, plans projects, establishes priorities and monitors progress. Evaluates project status and resource utilization and implements changes to improve the team's effectiveness. May coordinate with other project managers.
- Compiles and analyzes historical data to identify improvement opportunities. Develops, produces, gathers and improves executive and line of business scorecards.
- Defines and consults on measurement strategies, tools, scorecards and surveys, which may include benchmarking and industry comparative analysis.
- May have responsibility for people management or may be an individual contributor working on significant processes utilizing independent judgment and discretion within a large business organization or across various functional areas. Actions have significant impact on key Department objectives.
- Represent CIGNA Healthcare Accounting on large divisional projects. Provides support to development of accounting processes, systems requirements\changes, and accounting policy changes to support new products and other CHC strategic initiatives. Projects are large in scope, typically cross-functional and technically difficult to solve, often involving combinations of platforms and technology.
- Serves as subject matter expert for accounting and provides consultative support to IT management and staff on all phases of the project development cycle.
- Determines impact of project to accounting business processes and systems.
- Provides business requirements and process flow diagrams for process, system, and organizational changes.
- Supports design phases, insuring solutions meet business needs. Provides input to testing strategies and validation that test results meet requirements.
- Participates in post installation production support activities.
- Recommends accounting treatment for new products, with focus on GAAP, and Statutory and Health and Human Services (Minimum Loss Ratio) regulatory reporting.
- Provides consultative support during project requirement and design phases on operational and financial controls.
- Responsible for planning and executing implementation tasks.
- Establishes accounting policies and procedures to support new product and compliance roll-outs.
- Develops training and communication materials and delivers training to impacted business units.
- Identifies project delivery risks and develops/coordinates execution of contingency plans.
- Contributes to ongoing communication with accounting operations on project status, business impacts and risks, and approaches to address business needs.
- Incumbent will interface with multiple areas of the IT, Service Operations, and Finance communities
- Bachelors in Accounting or Financial or equivalent work experience within the field, required
- Must be an analytical thinker who is well versed at dealing with ambiguity
- Minimum of 5 years accounting or finance related work experience
- Strong technical skills in accounting or auditing/OR/Prior project management within the healthcare space required
- Knowledge of Cigna Healthcare financial applications and previous experience in Cigna Healthcare Finance is a plus.
- Knowledge of Healthcare and products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills and ability to interact with all levels.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Independent and quick learner.
- Knowledge of PMI Project Management methodology or has equivalent project management experience strongly preferred