Role Summary: The Financial Planning & Reporting Specialist, supporting our VWFSPS Insurance company, will build and maintain financial models that report actuals & forecast the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statement for the VWFSPS insurance company. They will be solely responsible for building month, yearly and 5 year financial performance projections. The Specialist will also be responsible for reporting all figures up to internal management and our global headquarters through proprietary reporting software. They will work cross-functionally across the organization in order to define and monitor KPIs to measure performance against volume and financial objectives, recognizing risks and opportunities in a timely manner and suggesting alternative actions to accomplish the objectives. Role Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Controlling, VWFSPS Insurance Team, Treasurer, SVP Finance, CFO and accounting/controlling functions in order to forecast VWFS Protection Services P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement.
- Build and maintain a multi-yearfinancial planning tool for all VWFS entities (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow), under IFRS standards. This includes different aspects of the business model (dealer reinsurance, direct underwriting, reinsurance / fronting arrangements)
- Responsible for financial modeling and data analysis to identify monthly trends (and develop mitigation plans as necessary), ensure objectives accomplishment, and share strategic business insights.
- Prepare the monthly, annual, and 5 year plan for VWFS Protection Services business and the VCI ancillary business.
- Complete and analyze specialized reporting documents required from HQ & VWFSPS Management
- Run periodic product profitability and production analysis
- Develop senior management presentations.
- Complete ad hoc analyses and reporting as required.
- 5-10 years of finance and accounting experience focusing on: financial analysis, financial modelling, Insurance products
- Automotive F&I experiencepreferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting
- Master’s degree in Finance / Accounting
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills (both written and oral)
- Analytical and conceptual thinker who continuously seeks to improve
- Communication/Presentation skills – succinctly and effectively communicate complex data and concepts to high-level audiences including the CEO/CFO
- Capability to work against tight deadlines while maintaining quality accuracy
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with all partners and stakeholders
- Ability to coach peers pertaining to insurance and consumer financial products
Specialized Skills: Required –
- 3-5 years of experience with insurance products, dealer reinsurance programs and dealer services
- Ability to build and maintain a financial model that forecast the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statement of a financial services insurance company
- Experience with business reporting software to align with corporate goals and objectives
- Expert skills in Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience within an automotive financial services company
- Advanced knowledge of the US insurance business and/or F&I products
- Understanding of multi-entity environment within the extended warranty sector (OEM/Obligor/Captive Insurance structures)
- Expert skills in Tableau, Business Objects, experience with VW Group financialreporting tools (CMIS, Vokus)
- Herndon, VA office based role – 0-5% Travel
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require assistance please email@example.com.