ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Forecasting & Budgeting:
- Prepare forecasts for revenue, expense and cashflow (4 quarterly forecasts, annual budget and annual strategic plan).
- Work with sales and leadership to build revenue forecasts for existing and new customers.
- Collaborate with department owners to develop and validate cost forecasts for all expense lines.
- Maintain forecasts for capitalization and associated depreciation related to software development.
- Own the budget process and be able to manage to deadlines.
Monthly Close Support:
- Detailed revenue and expense review to ensure financials are complete and accurate.
- Propose journal entries and accruals as needed.
- Prepare monthly financial analysis including variance explanations with relevant insights and data visualization.
- Communicate complex financial results and business performance with leadership at all levels.
General FP&A & Business Decision Support:
- Perform complex analytical studies and draw sound conclusions on revenue and expense trends.
- Provide financial insights and analysis for various business problems or questions.
- Provide periodic sales reporting and customer analytics for new sales and customer renewals.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of financial results and key performance indicators to division and corporate.
- ROI analytics, financial modeling, scenario analytics, etc.
Education: BA/BS in Finance or related degree preferred, or equivalent experience required.
5+ years’ budget and forecasting experience: revenue and expense, including:
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to leverage data to inform business decisions.
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: modeling, analysis & financial reporting.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Experience supporting a business or operating unit within a large corporation a plus.
- Experience supporting a SaaS business a plus.
- Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Experience with software development and capitalization a plus.
- Highly analytical with ability to tackle complex questions across large data sets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work cross functionally across all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Strong desire to understand the business and the story behind the numbers.
- NetSuite experience preferred but not required.
Travel: approximately 10%