Purple is a digitally-native vertical brand with a mission to help people feel and live better through innovative comfort solutions. To us, comfort means more than great products, it means empowering every employee to feel comfortable being themselves. We believe your career at Purple will be a one-of-a-kind “Career in Comfort” because our workforce is one-of-a-kind. We are committed to a culture of collaboration where every voice is heard and understood. As an innovation company at our core, we believe a diversity workforce brings better insights, solutions and products and serves as the backbone to bettering our company. Join with us as we add to our team of exceptional individuals who will help us take over the world — one mattress at a time.
The Financial Planning Manager will manage the overall planning, monitoring, and evaluation of the company’s financial performance. This involves developing and managing financial planning procedures, as well as identifying and prioritizing recommended actions. This position will directly influence the efficiency of the company and its ability to meet strategic objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the AOP (annual operating plan) process, including inputs and outputs.
- Establish and maintain department budgets and official revisions.
- Meet and communicate regularly with budget owners to execute and track against defined budgets (for hiring, contracts, etc.)
- Help to modify department plans to fit budgeting constraints.
- Execute contingency planning (furloughs, etc.)
- Provide explanations of BvA variances and trend variances.
- Analyze and summarize official budget revisions from AOP.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience managing an AOP process required
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (finance or related field of study)
- Understands comments and concerns expressed by participants during daily activities and meetings.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Identifies key data sources and utilizes data-driven insights about important departmental metrics to improve business decisions.
- Has superior problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in analyzing qualitative data.
- Has exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Acts independently with minimal supervision.
- Exhibits dedication to helping peers succeed and demonstrates willingness to train and mentor employees.
- Builds relationships and works well across functions.
- Has experience in a collaborative team environment with delegating workload and responsibilities.
- Leads and manages large-scale projects.
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously and has strong organizational skills.
- Prioritizes and oversees multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Employs effective time management skills and meets deadlines.
- Understands business operations as well as basic corporate accounting, finance, management principles.
- Demonstrates cross-functional expertise and thrives in a highly complex environment.
- Effectively delegates authority, responsibilities, and tasks.
- Demonstrates excellence in key areas of management such as quality management, relationship management, risk management, and staff direction.
- Works with diverse stakeholders and builds strong, collaborative relationships. Manages competing agendas and priorities across different functional departments.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the capacity to manage ambiguity and shifting priorities while remaining calm and controlled.
- Maintains direction and focus by leveraging organizational abilities and proactive planning.
- Develops and implements innovative and creative solutions to business problems. Encourages and expects others to think progressively and not be limited by existing methods and procedures.
- Has a “can-do” attitude and a positive outlook, while minimizing negative behaviors.
- Has a professional image and forms good partner relationships across functions.
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness as a self-starter.
- Can represent information in graphical forms in order to supplement text.
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Has knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and its applications in accounting, budgeting, and finance.
- Has a strong background in external reporting.
- Strong financial modeling skills, especially financial statement and cash flow information.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people’s lives through comfort.
- Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and annual employee appreciation events.