Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race. The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will report directly to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis. This manager will provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support the CFO and participate in the Property-level forecasting, budgeting, and financial review process in collaboration with the Corporate FP&A team. Ability to collaborate and work across Property functional areas, as well as lead and manage the activities of Analysts. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Utilize property specific knowledge, as well as cross property benchmarking, competitor observations, and advanced analytical tools to produce innovative ideas on improving operational efficiency, maximizing cashflow and ROIC, generating additional revenue, and/or improving employee morale and guest scores.
- Employ project management skillset to generate new ideas, execute on necessary strategy, and implement improvements accordingly.
- Function as a strategic partner for the Property and subject matter expert on multiple Property strategic objectives simultaneously.
- Work with cross property peers, Corporate entities, and other internal partners to implement best practices for the Property, developing and continuously improving upon the primary strategic plan for the Financial Planning & Analysis team.
- Design and oversee the creation of various advanced analytical tools designed for Property Operators, senior management, and Joint Venture Board members to assist in making strategic decisions.
- Perform Ad Hoc (single use analysis) requests from upper management.
- Act as a lead during the Property budgeting process. Forecast future revenue and expenses for company through analysis of business operations and trends.
- Review and analyze the capital expenditure budget.
- Work closely with workforce management to oversee productivity standards, review departments for potential efficiency gains, and provide staffing level recommendations based on current volumes.
- Assist senior executives in preparing quarterly analyst conference calls, Board of Director meetings and Management Committee meetings.
- Creation and implementation of specialized development plans for each team member.
- Oversee hiring practices, conduct interviews, make hiring decisions and ensure training programs reflect appropriate employee development guidelines.
- Perform Human Resource responsibilities for department. Create and maintain a work environment which promotes teamwork, performance, feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Ensure departmental practices are compliant with company policies and legal requirements.
- Oversee the assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, the division and the property.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Minimum age of 21 years.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Hotel, Accounting/Finance or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in Accounting/Financial Planning.
- Experience in proposal writing and budgeting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and related computer programs.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of Cognos, SharePoint, SQL and Advanced Excel macros.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.