Reporting to the SVP Quantitative Model and Analytics Manager, the Financial Planning and Analysis Officer is responsible for coordinating forecasting, budgeting, analyzing financial information for accuracy and explaining variances. Supports the SVP QMAM in the Corporate Bankingforecasting and budget planning cycles, including developing models and systems to enhance forecasting, product and business unit profitability and financialreporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Complies with and stays abreast of all policies and procedures, federal and state laws applicable to the job.
- Support the SVP in the Corporate Bankingforecasting and budget planning cycles, including developing models and systems to enhance forecasting, product and business unit profitability and financialreporting.
- Effectively summarize financial information, analysis of product line/business unit results.
- Support the financial closing process including weekly forecast of expected financial results.
- Work with various levels of management to implement strategic initiatives directed at driving significant cost efficiencies and in support of business units as well as long-term strategies.
- Initiate system enhancements and quality improvements to ensure the management reporting process provides senior management with a tool to better understand the key financial and business unit metrics.
- Ad-hocfinancial analysis for key business initiatives.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare stock and other analysts reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting, budgeting and forecasting systems.
- Construct ad-hocfinancial analysis/reporting.
- Provide, present and promote The Citizens Experience to all external and internal customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of FP&A unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Finance or Accounting Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university. MBA, CFA or CPApreferred.
5+ years of progressive financeexperience with FP&A; includes a minimum of 2+ years related experience in Banking/Financial Institution.
Extensive knowledge of forecasting and budgeting planning cycles.
Strong knowledge of Bank balance sheet and P&L structures.
Solid understanding of US GAAP.
Strong skills in building informative reports, including usable templates for business units.
This position requires strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks and/or projects with competing demands and timelines.
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to anticipate, identify and resolve complex financial issues.