$150K — $200K *
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is a key member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team responsible for the financial planning and analysis activities of assigned areas. Key duties include budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, financial modeling, business partnering and financial reporting to assist the company in meeting financial and business goals in the most cost-efficient manner.
This position is expected to serve as a positive role model and to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to Amtrak’s departments and an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager must fulfill the needs of Amtrak in a manner which is consistent with the Amtrak’s core values.
• Develop annual plan, 5-year plan and monthly forecasts for operating expenses, capital expenditures and headcount.
• Create regular and ad hoc financial reports.
• Analyze monthly department results to maintain expenditure controls and report on variances.
• Perform data-driven financial modeling and analysis and provide recommendations based upon the results (cost efficiencies, etc).
• Routinely communicate with business partners regarding financial performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate variance analysis. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications.
• Identify and analyze new ways to understand underlying financial trends.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key personnel.
• Develop in-depth business cases, design financial models, determine ROI, IRR and other significant financial metrics to provide recommendations to senior management.
• Analyze financial information to determine the best outcome for Amtrak, and clearly report options for the business to drive decision making.
• Own financials, act as subject matter expert and serve as key point of contact for designated areas.
• Analyze financials, prepare presentations and “tell the story” behind the numbers.
• Identify risks and opportunities to meeting financial goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field is required OR equivalent combination of training, education and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 7 years of relevant experience required
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the above-mentioned functions in the work environment described below.
• Extensive experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling
• Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguous data/direction and take the initiative to develop meaningful solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels within the organization.
• Proven ability to learn and implement new concepts quickly and complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest quality.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively.
• Extensive experience in financial reporting and ad hoc report generation and analysis
• Strong oral and written communication skills to be able to prepare, present, and defend financial analyses to senior management
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in an environment where information is required to be provided quickly and accurately
• Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with financial systems, such as SAP, Hyperion, Oracle or BPC
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
• 9+ years of relevant experience preferred.
• Transportation industry experience
Valid through: 3/16/2021
$80K — $150K
3 days ago
$100K — $150K
24 days ago