Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Non-Profit
The overall purpose of this position is working in conjunction with the Director of FP&A to ensure that the annual budget proposed for each fiscal year meets the principles established by the IEEE Board of Directors. To this end, he or she would work to consolidate and analyze the budget, works closely with organizational units to ensure their capital budgets are developed in an accurate manner, and oversees the forecasting process to ensure variances are identified, documented and explained. He or she oversees the annual process of budget periodization as well.
He or she compiles and issues the IEEE Treasurer’s Monthly Financial Reporting Package (TMFRP) working in conjunction with the Senior Financial Analyst ll. He or she provides professional support, guidance and training in IEEE budgeting and forecasting processes for the IEEE professional staff. This will also include Hyperion end user training as well. This position will also work very closely with the Business Finance Solutions (BFS) staff as they are an integral part of the processes.
While there are no direct reports, this manager supervises the work of both of the Senior Financial Analyst ll as it relates to monthly forecasting and other critical issues as well as Hyperion related items. From his or her observations, he or she makes recommendations for their continuing professional development to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A).
The role reports to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and functions as an individual contributor.
The Manager, FP&A oversees the maintenance of the Web Sites that support the work of the following:
• IEEE Finance Committee
• IEEE Board of Directors Budget Web Site
• The Internal Financial Planning Web Site
The Manager, FP&A plays a visible role in supporting the IEEE Finance Committee through its process of budget analysis and documentation, as well as in the establishment of meeting agendas with the committee’s chair. He or she prepares the minutes and action items that result from Committee meetings.
He or she will also work closely with corporate governance in preparing items for the meeting agendas of the IEEE Board of Directors.
Due to his or her breadth and depth of knowledge of the IEEE, its organizational units, its revenue and its expenses, he or she may be asked to participate in varies ad-hoc teams and committees that need financial planning expertise.
Other duties may be assigned.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Hyperion End User Training (including documentation)
• Hyperion Planning Administrator Oversight
• Working with IT to resolve Hyperion issues and/or work with them on Hyperion enhancements
• Overseeing the duties of both of the Senior Financial Analyst ll
• Overseeing of the budget process
• Overseeing of the forecast process
Developing relevant presentations related to the Budget as well as the Forecast
• Development of KPI’s
Education and Experience:
• Must have, at minimum, a BA/BS/BSBA degree in finance or accounting. MBA is a plus.
• He or she must have a minimum of 7+ years of experience, the last three of which has been in a management position.
• His or her experience must demonstrate solid financial planning and analysis skills, as well as analytical, interpersonal and communications skills across all levels of staff and volunteers.
• Experience creating and managing the budgeting, financial planning and forecasting process for a tax-exempt organization will be helpful.
• His or her background must demonstrate hands-on practical knowledge of process analysis and how budget management and operations affects a multi-million dollar enterprise.
• He or she must have the reputation of one who is committed to the highest personal integrity and personal ethics.
Skills & Other Requirements:
Strong computer modeling skills
• Command of various Microsoft Office Suite software applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• HyperionBudgeting and forecasting skills
• Hyperion Planning Administration
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [e.g. Category I, II or III].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.