Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis function that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the company. This position will also lead the strategic aspects of the annual budget and monthly forecast process for the company by communicating and coordinating with branch managers and local accountants the established schedule; collecting, consolidating, and analyzing the appropriate data and preparing requested reports by senior management.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the strategic business planning process.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics.
- Develop and execute processes for accountants to follow that allow for routine monthly and quarterly analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance.
- Develop and document Key Performance Indicators for the corporate accounting department.
- Assist in preparing presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings.
- Maintain GAAP and elimination entity reporting, including reconciliation of local and parent company general ledger. Coordinate these companies with local accountants to ensure proper recording and reporting of entities.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- May perform other duties assigned by Director of FP&A
- Ability to create and manage corporate budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as budget creation and analysis software.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of budgetary and accounting principles, practices, and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Economics, or Finance.
- OR a relevant master’s degree with five years of experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ of experience with the Finance Department
- At least 5 of those 10 years in a similar role.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.