- Translate strategy into actionable plans.
- Help the team to create operational plans and monitor the progress of those plans.
- Apply an analytical approach to support strategic and investment decisions, including advertising, co-manufacturing, pricing, etc.
- Analyze and develop new product development, determining costs and pricing supporting go-to-market launches.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly management, all-hands and board level reporting materials; including analysis and insights into variances between actual and expected financial results, to ensure key issues, risks, and business drivers are clearly understood and highlighted.
- Develop and manage the consolidated financial model including, short term, annual and long-term planning.
- Work closely with sales and operations to ensure accurate monthly forecasting.
- Drive monthly, quarterly, and annual financial planning process, including coordinating forecasts, communicating with senior leadership and managing the reporting cycle with Accounting partners.
- Develop from the ground-up, and then own on an ongoing basis, robust and scalable processes to inform forecasts and track performance.
- Using budgeting software, create forward looking financial statements by projecting balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Track and forecast Returns and Allowances (MCB, chargebacks) supporting reporting and action plans. Give guidance and recommendations that drive short-term and long-term strategic decisions.
- Develop and continuously improve key financial metrics and analysis to support the unique and changing needs of different functions including tools such as headcount planning, what-if scenarios, trend analyses, predictive analyses, KPI’s, dashboards and variance analyses.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes and propose improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people at all levels
- Integrity and discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Attention to detail and high capability for data mining and analytical work
- Knowledge of principles and practices of finance
- Proficient with database systems and software programs
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Oracle/NetSuite Budget and Planning software is a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel; G-Suite experience is a plus.
- Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving.